Thomas M. Kiefer, DMD is committed to offering a full range of dentistry services. Whether you’ve had repairs or need a complete replacement, we recommend continual check-ups to assess your gums and bone density to assess the surrounding areas associated with your implant.
Dental implants are a type of restoration that is frequently employed to replace one or more missing teeth. Dental implants are designed to be a permanent solution to return your smile to its optimal condition and comfort.
- Administer the appropriate amount of anesthetic
- Carefully insert the implant screw into the jawbone
- Place a small attachment known as an abutment on top of the implant
- Dr. Thomas M. Kiefer will decide which restoration will best complete your implant. Based on your unique circumstances, our dentist will choose to finish your implant with a crown (cap), a bridge, a complete denture, or a partial denture.
During this process, and all of the procedures we perform, our friendly dentist will work hard to ensure that his patients are in as much comfort as possible. Dental implants can offer several benefits including a reduced risk of gum disease, preventing your natural teeth from moving or shifting position, and restoring your mouth to its optimal function and comfort. With proper care, a dental implant can last a lifetime. If you are interested in the benefits of dental implants in Marathon, Florida, we invite you to call and schedule a consultation with us today. We are excited to give you the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
For more information about dental implants and tooth replacements, please feel free to visit the following websites:
If you are missing one tooth or a couple of teeth in a row, Dr. Thomas M. Kiefer may recommend a dental bridge for you. A dental bridge is made up of at least one pontic, or an artificial tooth. A pontic can be made to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth to provide you with the most natural-looking smile possible.
Aside from completing your smile, some of the benefits of dental bridges include:
- An improved ability to speak
- An enhanced ability to chew and eat
- Stop existing teeth from shifting
- Prevent your mouth muscles from drooping, preserving the shape of your face
- Relieve excess stress on your teeth
A dental bridge can be attached to an implant or to a dental crown. After a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Thomas M. Kiefer, our team can help you determine how your bridge should be anchored. In only two visits, our team can improve the function and appearance of your smile. Dental bridges are designed to be stable and can last for more than a decade with proper care. If you have any questions about the benefits of a dental bridge in Marathon, Florida, we invite you to contact us today. We are excited to meet you!